Bingo-ski, otherwise known as Ukranian Drag Queen Bingo with a Summer Camp Theme, was awesome! We went this time to celebrate little Daniel's 23rd birthday, but we're definitely making it a monthly occurance. Where else can you win a vintage poster of the 1996 women's olympic gymnastic team? I mean, I know I've always wanted a poster of the Magnificent Seven in my bedroom. We were the only team that really dressed for the theme so obviously the drag queens loved us. And when the bingo-ski drag queens love you, you get treated right. VIP all the way baby! The event also renewed my long subdued love for tube socks and extremely high ponytails. Although, I think rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, seasons 1 & 2, helped with the high ponytail thing too. Girl can work a scrunchy.This past weekend, Jenny and I went down to the Lower East Side to see Michael Stagliano (see beautiful, wonderful, dreamy picture at your right) of The Bachelorette fame play music at Arlene's Grocery. If any of you don't remember Michael, he was the adorable break dancer from NYC who made funny jokes and was the cutest, sweetest, most awesome guy on the show. But I digress.
Anyway, we went to see Michael play, he was very good, and we ran into Mike Steinberg, another cast-off from the show (see cute, but not as cute as Michael Stagliano, picture at your left). Long story short, Jenny, Liz, Eric (who was visiting from SA) and I ended up hanging out with Bachelor Mike and his lovely friend Sean all night long. Hilarious. I've never seen more skilled and dedicated wingmen than Bachelor Mike and Sean. They should have their own show where they teach people their talents. I would watch. Hell, I want them to teach me!
Anyway, we went to see Michael play, he was very good, and we ran into Mike Steinberg, another cast-off from the show (see cute, but not as cute as Michael Stagliano, picture at your left). Long story short, Jenny, Liz, Eric (who was visiting from SA) and I ended up hanging out with Bachelor Mike and his lovely friend Sean all night long. Hilarious. I've never seen more skilled and dedicated wingmen than Bachelor Mike and Sean. They should have their own show where they teach people their talents. I would watch. Hell, I want them to teach me!Last, but certainly not least, things are heating up on General Hospital! Oh come on, the name of this blog is "Confessions of a Soap Opera Addict" and you're surprised GH is one of my noteable mentions?? Get real. Besides, Sam & Jason are getting back together and that is HUGE! I mean HUUUUGE! As we speak, in the fictional soap opera land called Port Charles - well actually they're in Mexico, but that's irrelevant - Sam is tending to Jason's wounds and they're having a heart-to-heart and it's just a matter of time before Jason is strong enough to realize he never stopped loving Sam and they make sweet, sweet love in the middle of the collapsed church in Mexico. :: Sigh :: If only life were like the soaps...



No comments:
Post a Comment