Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bills, Bills, Bills

Ah the end of the month. The time when a girl can wipe her slate clean and begin anew with 30 more days to get it right. It's also known as "Bill time". It seems like all I do at the end of the month is give my money to different financial organizations. Obviously, I'm not the only one that feels this way but it's just so exhausting making mone payment after the other.

I knew what I was getting into with student loans, so I'm not going to bitch about it too long. My education was worth it, the experience was great, I wouldn't be where I am today, blah blah blah. Even though I've accepted the fact that I will be paying my student loans off until I'm approximately 68-years-old, it still doesn't make it easier to give all my money back to these people. The Stafford loan, the Perkins loan, the ParentPlus loan, not to mention the USAA loan I had to take out to pay the security deposit and first month's rent on my apartment after college. I have anxiety just thinking about it. Luckily, I'm one of the few people around who has very little to no credit card debt. If I had all of those loans PLUS a huge credit card debt I think I'd just give up and start selling all of my worldly belongings.

:: sigh :: I guess I'll just have to wait until I'm independently wealthy and then just pay it all off in one lump payment. Or, ya know, just marry rich and have the hubby take care of it. Yeah, because that's likely to happen.

No comments: