Tuesday, June 9, 2009

ZUMBA = LIFE

Every Sunday morning at 11:30am I go to Zumba at Alvin Ailey. A lot of the time, when I tell people I go to Zumba, they look at me like I just made up the word and have gone slightly crazy. While I might have gone slightly crazy, I work in TV after all, I did not make up the word. Look - it even has its own website! http://www.zumba.com/us/

Every time I try to describe what Zumba actually is, I fail miserably and make it sound like some crazy dance class, so here's what it actually is: "Zumba fuses hypnotic latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic fitness program that will blow you away. Our goal is simple: We want you to want to work out, to love working out, to get hooked. Zumba Fanatics achieve long term benefits while experiencing an absolute blast in one exhilarating hour of caloric-burning, body-energizing, awe-inspiring movements meant to engage and captivate for life!"

Ok, so that's basically a big giant ad for Zumba haha but seriously, it's the most fun I've ever had working out. If you've never heard of it or done it, I suggest you look into it because it's by far the coolest thing ever! Plus, my Zumba teacher at Alvin Ailey is quite possibly the awesomest guy ever... that might have something to do with my obsession with the class... maybe. :)

Here it is on the Today show a while ago ->



This is what I would rather be doing when I'm at work all day.

No comments: