Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Shamwow Guy has no Shamwow!

New month, new blog! That's right people, it's March. Thousands of unruly college students will take over the beaches and resorts of the world for spring break, the weather (hopefully) will turn warmer, and I'm one month closer to visiting my dear old home town of San Antonio. One thing's for sure, it was an eventful end to the month. I have to tell everyone what happened at work on Friday because it is too hilarious for people not to hear about.

If you ever needed proof that men never emotionally mature past the age of 16, one need only to look at my boss, Sandy Cannold, and another CNBC Senior Producer, Jason Gewirtz. Sandy is my executive producer for Squawk on the Street and Jason works on the evening show I work on once a week, CNBC Reports. For some reason, Sandy has a baseball bat that he keeps around the office, because ya know, who doesn't? So Jason was throwing water bottles at Sandy for him to hit with the baseball bat... while they were at work... in the office area. So sandy swings and hits the water bottle, follows through and hits the Squawk Box fish tank with the bat, shatters a hole in the tank, water goes everywhere. I'm just kind of sitting there with my mouth hanging open because I can't even believe that my boss has just busted the beloved Squawk Box fish tank. Don't worry, all the fish survived. So as water is pouring on to the carpet around the fish tank, all over the floor, the desks, everywhere, who walks by on a CNBC tour? That's right. This guy:

The Shamwow Guy!!

No joke, the Shamwow guy. One of the reporters was showing him around, I don't really know why, but he was there! And so Jason, being the mature TV news producer he is goes, "Shamwow guy! We need a shamwow, quick!" Shamwow Guy, whose name is actually Vince, says "Um, I actually don't have a Shamwow with me." Sandy: "How can the Shamwow Guy NOT have a Shamwow?!" Vince was quickly led away with the rest of his tour haha hilarious. I have never laughed so hard in my life.

If you were really worried about the fate of the fish and their tank, have no fear, Sandy promptly left work, went to the nearest pet store and bought a new tank. He and Jason spent the next 2 hours switch the fish and all of their accessories into the new tank and making sure that none of the fish died during the transfer. So far, they're all fine. At one point, they thought they lost a bottom-feeder fish, left to get a new one, found the old one in the tank and put the new one in anyway. So, Squawk Box is +1 bottom-feeder fish come Monday morning. Mind you, this ordeal happened when Sandy and Jason were supposed to be writing/producing CNBC Reports. The EP and the Senior Producer of CNBC Reports were MIA for 2 hours because they were replacing a fish tank. If the viewers only knew....

No comments: