Friday, January 2, 2009

2 0 0 9

Another year over and done with. And as someone who works in business news, I say "Good riddance!"

There were lots of good times in '08- graduation, my first job, my first apartment, ya know those kinds of things. I remember last new year's eve, standing at a table in Rocky's, the bar attached to the mall in Bryan, TX (yeah, it was a classy night), watching the clock hit midnight and thinking "Wow, 2008 is here, this is the year my life starts, when I become some sort of adult... this year is going to change everything." I was right.

Lots of changes happened this year, I can't believe it all happened in just 365 days. If my new year's eve this year is any indication of what 2009 is going to be like, we're going to have an... interesting year, to say the least. Let's look at some of the highlights, shall we? Here's how the night began:



Looks innocent enough right? Here's the rundown: Went to a party thrown by people I didn't know, was VERY overdressed (but the guys were in suits, so maybe not that overdressed), danced inappropriately while everyone else was just standing around, had half a bottle of champagne sprayed on me (thank goodness my dress was black), stood at the back of the room chugging champagne at midnight (p.s. it's really hard to chug champagne, the bubbles are difficult), went to the UWS Pourhouse because we paid $20 for tickets and that meant we HAD to go, drank 1/2 a beer and quickly realized I didn't need a beer, danced with a boy without actually speaking to him (still don't know his name, he's in my phone as "pourhouse guy"), walked home from Pourhouse in large amounts of pain thanks to my 3 1/2 inch heels, looked for Jenny's missing debit card because she wanted pizza, gave up on finding debit card and paid cash for pizza, fell asleep in Jenny's bed until the pizza got there when I launched myself half-asleep and half-drunk out of Jenny's bed and ran straight into the corner of her bed with my knee, admired the baseball size bump and wicked bruise left from the corner of the bed, ate pizza in the kitchen while standing over the box, went to bed.

Hmm. Maybe in 2009 I should stay in on the weekends. Somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm looking forward to 2009. There will be lots of changes this year too, and I can't wait to see what happens!

No comments: