Ok, first and most importantly, Rob Pattinson.

Holy. Hell. Cedric Diggory did you no justice my friend because you are GORGEOUS. He is definitely my new favorite eye candy. Actually, not so new because he's been my background on my laptop for a good month or so now. Ok probably shouldn't admit to things like that...
The movie itself was actually pretty good. I have to say, I'm pleased. I've been reading reviews since Wednesday, which I probably shouldn't have been doing, so I was a little worried because none of the reviewers liked it too much. But I mean, let's be serious, the people who go to review movies were never going to like a movie like this anyway. As a fan of the books first, I thought the movie did the book justice, and that's all I care about. The story wasn't butchered, all the main plot points and even some pivotal dialogue was there. I thought the director was trying really hard to make it some artsy, edgy, vampire flick though. The book was never edgy or artsy, and it really wasn't even a book about vampires. So trying to make the movie into an edgy story about vampires was never going to work. Twilight is a melodramatic romance and that's it. And it is completely wonderful, entertaining and perfect being just that. So even though the director's efforts to make it something it's not did take away some of the entertainment value... I thought it was REALLY GOOD. I enjoyed it! Jenny enjoyed it! I loved watching the characters come to life on screen. They left it open for the sequel of course, so in about 2 years you can expect another one of these genius movie reaction blogs. And by genius, I mean incoherent and rambling. It's 4am. I'm going to sleep now.

No comments:
Post a Comment