Ok, here's my philosophy. If you get engaged and you make your facebook status "So and So is engaged!!", change your relationship status to "engaged", and put up pictures of the actual engagement within 24 to 48 hours of the engagement itself... it is safe to say you are too young to actually be engaged.
Maybe it's the times we're living in. I guess five years ago, people probably wouldn't have put their engagement pictures up on facebook because facebook didn't actually have a picture feature. Pretty much everything and anything is put up on facebook these days. But I just feel like something as personal as an engagement should be kept relatively personal. Let's be completely honest here. Your "friends" on facebook are not exactly your real friends. Not that you wouldn't want them to know about your engagement, just that 95% of the people you're friends with wouldn't be people you'd call up after you have the ring on your finger and tell them about it.
Sometimes I think my views about people and their engagements and how public they make it come across as me being against engagements and marriage. This is completely and totally untrue. I believe in marriage. I believe that two people can find each other and, through a lot of hard work and sacrifice, make a life together that lasts forever. However, I also believe that a person is at their most selfish in their early 20s. I don't know, maybe that's just me :-). There's no doubt about it, I make decisions for myself and only myself these days. Maybe that's because I'm not in a relationship. Look people, all I'm saying is- tone it down on the electronic declarations of your engagements. It's just... strange.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment