Friday, November 28, 2008

Post Turkey Day

HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!!

If you were up at 4am this morning to go to a mall and/or Best Buy, you are officially insane and I don't know if we should be friends anymore. No sale is worth waiting in line in the middle of the night and shopping with hundreds of other insane people... unless it was some kind of designer shoe sale... where all the shoes were $10. Now THAT I would stand in line at 4am for.

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was wonderful! As usual, I ate way too much and we have a ridiculous amount of food left over. Turns out a Whole Foods Thanksgiving dinner for 8 can feed about 12... there were 4 of us. Yeah, I'll be eating turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes until Christmas. I definitely missed my family this Thanksgiving. I wished that I was out on the lake in Waco with my dad and the rest of my aunts, uncles and cousins watching 3 different turkeys being deep fried. They're also having the annual chili cook-off tomorrow, which I've never been able to attend. This holiday season is going to be especially hard because I won't be at home at all. I'll most likely be alone on Christmas. Bring on the Egg Nog, and not the kind the kiddies drink.

Even though it's going to be a tough holiday season this year, I have to keep reminding myself how many good things I have in my life. If there's any time to be thankful for what you've been given, it's the holidays. Even though I'm away from them, I have a family who loves and misses me. I have great friends. I have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, and a job to go to every day. I am truly blessed and I know this.

So, with that positive holiday spirit in mind, I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving!! Happy holidays everyone!!

No comments: