Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's Time to Accept it

I'm not a very political person. In fact, I hate politics and have never actually found a politician that I genuinely liked- that goes for John McCain AND Barack Obama... but especially Sarah Palin. I owe this general disdain for all things political to the fact that I spend most of my time at my job following politics. It wears on me. Anyway, that's beside the point. The point is, we have a new president. Nothing is going to change that. No matter how much you whine about communism or socialism or whatever, Barack Obama is our new president. The fact is, that is a position that deserves and demands respect (until a president screws up so many times that he loses that respect :: coughbushcough ::).

I'm not saying who I voted for and I'm not saying how I feel about President Elect Obama because that is not the point of this. The truth remains that a divided house cannot stand. Whether you were a McCain supporter or an Independent or whatever, we all just need to accept and support the fact that Obama is our new leader. He's not going to get anything done if there are angry lynch mobs, conservative or otherwise, questioning and criticizing his every move. I'm not saying that his actions shouldn't be questioned, because we should never just accpet something blindly. However, I AM saying that this man is our president. He is our leader now. He needs the country's support. I refuse to believe that he wanted this position because he wants to turn our country into a communist nation. That's completely ridiculous.

So, stop whining and accept it. There are more productive ways to express your frustration with the decision than booing Obama whenever he's on screen or going off on angry tangents about socialism and communism and Karl Marx. If you claim to be so proud of this country and love it so much, then stand behind its leader.

No comments: